Friends


Friends

___

It really surprises me that at the age where we don't even know our own names but people ask you

"Tell me your mother’s and father’s name darling." and that's when you realize.. we have entered into the education system   — kindergarten

Where everything is nothing but fun, enjoy the endless attention, no groups, no hard feelings, no bullying, no discrimination, and most importantly no studies.

We are loved by everyone, family, neighbors, and teachers. not caring about how we look, what we wear, or even wet our pants in class, there was no judging. 

But they say happy times never last long. We eventually grow up. The chemicals in our brains start to take form and react on their own. 
It's called puberty; Something that is impossible to skip and hard to erase. 

It is like a curse. at least it was for me.

In our school we had this policy or should we say "the program", where all students included in three divisions would be divided each year on the basis of their academics, whoever scores high gets the honor by shifting classes with those of scholar students.

And that was the sole reason why I had never experienced a stable loyal friendship.

Each year, the girls I got close to would get shifted to different classes; and just because now they belong to an intelligent group, they never spared a glance to me...the average.

I experienced this situation quite a few times. 

Now that I think about those times, I wonder how I felt, was it hard to get over? did it hurt? but I can't recall a single thing. Those were the times that made it hard for me to get close to people or to make friends.

In fact, now looking back, I'm glad it happened. it helped me to get rid of those who were never there in the first place. 

Anyway, but aren't there always these 'life-changing events that happen with us, where things suddenly take turns unexpectedly. 

For me, it happened in 2008

That year was a total blessing.

Again new year 

New students

New groups...

with the same old, "sifting program"

And I met 4 rowdy girls and my best friend.

With them, it struck me hard that I never really enjoyed my school life.

It was all new, but I liked how it felt...
How it felt walking in late, breaking lab equipment, and watching your friend getting
bashed on for spilling ink on the teacher, sleeping in between lectures, bunking school for the first time or to be specific on the very day of our annual sports event; and ditching the entire team just for a beach picnic.

You are lucky if you are surrounded by people who let you in, in their life, without judging you for what you truly are. 

Well, school life was great but no matter how much you talk about it, those days are meant to end.

There are many things that separate us, college, transfers, and sometimes priorities.

group of 5 has now become a group of 2.

she and I were selected for the same college and that's the way we remained connected. it wasn't decided; it just happened. 

Without knowing we grew so much closer that things never got awkward, even if we talk over the phone or meet after months, things never changed. Guess she with her fussy personality has no option but to be stuck with me, who else will take her tantrums the way I do. *smirk*
    
Due to her, I had a comfortable time throughout our academic years. I don't feel the need to make friends, I have her reserved in that category, and that too for a lifetime.

in the end, it's a relief, even if it took her 7 years to find me.......I’m glad she did.

___




Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time, and reading it.

Popular posts from this blog

It's all about her (fictional) Part 1 & 2

Thirteen reasons why Quotes (Review)